Bromac Broodmare Dispersal Sale
Please click on the image for a PDF of the Mare pedigreeClick on the photos to enlarge and/or see other images of her
AMARETTO BROMAC (10m Falcon Seelster-Arma Class) (Price reduction to: $7,000 Plus GST)
- Twice placed dam of 1 to race, ANGEL BROMAC (p2, 1:56.9, 4 2 and 3YO wins, $56,500), incl. 2nd 2016 WA Diamond Classic 2YO Final.
- AMARETTO BROMAC is a FALCON SEELSTER ½-sister to COOPERS CREEK (1:52, US, 41 wins and $333,644), ARMA AUGUSTUS (1:57.2, 6 wins), ABBA BROMAC (P3, TT, 1:57.1, 1 win), ARMA COURAGE (1:58.9, 3 wins).
- Half-sisters to AMARETTO BROMAC have bred on with ABBA BROMAC leaving ASHIRA BROMAC (1:57.5, 8 wins); ARMA DOMINATOR leaving EXCEL STRIDE (1:50.3, 28 wins and $769,494) and ARMA ANTOINETTE leaving former top WA filly ARMA XPRESS (1:56.5, 12 wins from 18 starts and $279,890), ARMA XCEPTIONAL (1:57.9) and TRIGG BEACH, dam of ARMA O’ROURKE (p3, 1:56.8, 5 wins).
- AMARETTO BROMAC’S dam ARMA CLASS (3 wins) is a former NZ 2YO record holder and daughter of champion mare, 1981 NZ Cup and 1983 Auckland Cup winner ARMALIGHT (1:55.4, 18 wins form 36 starts and $277,520).
- Third dam AR MISS won the 1971 NZ Sapling Stakes and 1972 NZ Oaks.
- This is also the family of (OUR) LONDON PRIDE (1:51.6, US, 28 wins and $600,000), LONDON EXPRESS (1:50.6, US, 32 wins and $350,00), OHOKA PUNTER (1:52.4, 25 wins incl. 2013 Northern Derby, $1 million earner), BRUZEM (1:52.6, US), and SPANKEM (p2, 1:54, 5 2 and 3YO wins from 14 starts, $241,194).
- AMARETTO BROMAC’S 3rd foal PHIL BROMAC (by Washington VC) sold for $60,000 at the 2017 NZ Premier Yearling Sale.
- AMARETTO BROMAC is in foal to COURAGE UNDER FIRE.
BANSHEE (8m Christian Cullen-Tania Tandias) (Price: $20,000 Plus GST or $8000 for empty mare after she foals)
- TANIA TANIDAS is an unraced FALCON SEELSTER-TANDIAS COURAGE and dam of ZANIBAR BABE (p3, 1:56.9), 2 Aust. wins from 12 starts and Lincoln Road (1 Alexandra Park win from 3 starts).
- Grand-dam TANDIAS COURAGE was 2000 Australian 2YO Pacing Filly of the Year, winning 23 races (10 Aust, 13 USA) pacing 1:53.6, USA.
- TANDIAS COURAGE is the dam of 3 $100,000-plus winners, all Harness Jewels placed, namely TATIJANA BROMAC (p3, 1:54.2 and $215,578), TANDIAS BROMAC (1:53.7, 14 wins and $193,951) and TE AMO BROMAC (1:55.8, seven wins and $147,252, 2nd Harness Jewels 2YO Diamond, 3rd NZ Oaks).
- TALLULAH BROMAC, a lightly-tried ARTSPLACE mare from TANDIAS COURAGE, is now the dam of smart winners TURBO BROMAC (1:59.4, 6 wins) and TENNYSON BROMAC (1:57.2, 2 3YO wins from 7 starts, race-timed Addington when 4th in 1:53.5, 1950m)
- MOTHER COURAGE (sister to TANDIAS COURAGE) was the 1999 Australian 3YO Filly of the Year and joint 2002 Australian Aged Pacing Mare of the Year, winning 30 races and $462,520.
- This is the family of 2015 Inter Dominion champ LENNYTHESHARK (1:49.2, 39 wins and $2.99 million), CLASSIC GARRY (19 wins, TT, 1:54.9 and $A152,550) and PROVOCATIVE (TT, 1:53.8, Aust, 19 wins and $A180,662).
- BANSHEE is in foal to BETTOR'S DELIGHT and her BETTOR'S DELIGHT FILLY JUST SOLD FOR $20,000.
CLASSIC BLUE JEANS (22m Camluck-Oh Please) (Price: $3,000 Plus GST) Payable on first live foal
- CLASSIC BLUE JEANS, an unraced ½-sister to FALCONS BLUE JEAN (1:51.8 US, 28 wins, first 6 in NZ, and $345,426) and THE MAJORITY (1:59.6, 15 Aust. wins and $108,791), has been a prolific producer for Bromac Lodge, leaving 10 individual winners, 9 in 2:00.
- She hit the headlines early, leaving ATTORNEY GENERAL (1:48.4, US, 20 wins and $434,952), formerly the fastest NZ-bred pacer, followed by other notables in CULLEN BROMAC (1:55.1, 20 wins), CROWN COUNSEL (TT, 1:58.1, one), CROWN BROMAC (1:54.1, 15 wins), CAPTAIN BROMAC (1:57.8, 15 wins), CHAY BROMAC (1:59.2, 3 wins), CHIQUITA BROMAC (1:58.7, 5 wins), MINK STRIDE (5 wins) and CINDY BROMAC (1:57.6, 3 wins) and OUR CHARLEY BROMAC (1 win).
- Daughters of CLASSIC BLUE JEANS are breeding on with CROWN DEFENDER (Life Sign-Classic Blue Jeans), dam of CRUZ BROMAC (p3, 1:51.6, 1:50.7; 14 wins and $190,075), she's also the dam of CARTER BROMAC (p3, 1:52.4, 11 wins from 27 starts), CHURCHILL BROMAC (1:57.3, 13 wins) and COLTRANE BROMAC (1:57.5, 8 wins).
- CROWN COUNSEL (Western Hanover-Classic Blue Jeans) is the dam of the winners of 67 races, headed by OUR CULLENS CROWN (1:52, US), winner of 46 races (five NZ, 11 NSW, and 30 in the USA), for $490,044; ATTORNEY STRIDE (1:57.5, 13 wins and $80,258; FALCON CROWN (5 wins and $44,876) and debut Australian 2YO winner DESIRABLE STRIDE (1:58.6, mile rate, 1650m).
- CLASSIC ART (Artiscape-Classic Blue Jeans) who time-trialed in 1:55.1, left only one foal ART CONNOISSEUR (1:58.5, 14 wins and $83,660).
GEMFIRE BROMAC (9m Bettor’s Delight-Gilt Laughter) (Price: $6,000 Plus GST)
- GEMFIRE BROMAC, an unraced daughter of champion sire BETTOR'S DELIGHT, is a 1/2-sister to 6 individual winners of 59 races.
- They include: GARY BROMAC (1:58.1, 16 wins & $125,297, 3rd in Gr. 3 WA Brennan Memorial) GOLDEN BROMAC (1:56.8, 8 wins & $66,019), GUAPO BROMAC (1:59.2, 11 wins & $39,425) & GILT BROMAC (1:55.4, 22 wins & $199,069), winner of the Listed Classics, VSB & SA Gold Chalice & Vict. Oaks trial, 4th Aust Oaks, 4th Vic. Ladyship Stakes & 3rd Aust. Breeders Crown 4YO Final.
- GILT BROMAC'S first foal to race is the filly GILTY HANOVER (p4, 1:58.9, 4 wins & $41,000, 2nd in Vic. Listed Empire 3YO Fillies Silver).
- GELD BROMAC, a race-placed 1/2-sister by LIVE OR DIE to GEMFIRE BROMAC, is the dam of big COURAGE UNDER FIRE winner DENNY CRANE (1:51.8, US, 16 wins & $157,813), 3rd in 2015 Gr. 1 WA Derby.
- EM BE, a race-winning Holmes Hanover 1/2-sister to GEMFIRE BROMAC, is the dam of smart Australian winner BE SHARPE (1:53.1, 10 wins & $48,731), by COURAGE UNDER FIRE.
- GABRIELLE BROMAC, a race-winning Holmes Hanover 1/2-sister to GEMFIRE BROMAC, is the dam of GIANNIS BROMAC (1:56.7, 9 wins & $46,062), MIDNIGHT LIGHTS (1:56.8, 7 wins), HOOFNIT (1:57.6) & NANCES DELIGHT (1:58.3, 6 wins from 21 starts for $49,526).
- GRETA BROMAC, a qualified Holmes Hanover 1/2-sister to GEMFIRE BROMAC, is the dam of GALWAY BROMAC (1:58.7, five Aust. wins), GUNNER BROMAC (1:55.3, six WA wins) & MY GEMMA BROMAC, the latter the dam of CASHDONTBOUNCE (1:57.2, 7 wins).
- GEMFIRE BROMAC'S 4th dam GLINT won 11 races, incl. the 1955 NZ Welcome Stakes for 2YOs & the 1955 NZ Oaks.
- This is the family of other smart pacers in GLITZY MISS (13 Aust. wins & $161,197), SMART LEADER (19 wins), BARDOLINO (8 wins), FIRST GLIMPSE (15 wins including an Oceania El Dorado Gold 3YO Final), BROCKETSBRAE (10 wins) and WHITE STAR SAM (8 wins), UNSURPASSED (1:52.2 US) and KING CAT ANVIL (1:52.8, US), the winner of $538,624 in North America.
- GEMFIRE BROMAC is in foal to COURAGE UNDER FIRE.
LINCOLNS KEEPSAKE (5m Rocknroll Hanover-Claire De Lune) (Price: $20,000 Plus GST or $10,000 for empty mare after she foals)
- LINCOLNS KEEPSAKE (1:59.1), a 1/2-sister to NRM Sires Stakes 3YO and Auckland Cup winner SIR LINCOLN (1:54, 21 wins and $663,601).
- She won 4 of 15 starts when prepared by Ray Green.
- Also a 1/2-sister to other winners LORD LINCOLN (1:55.9, Aust, 11 wins and $44,756), LINCOLNS MEGASTAR (1:57.1, 6 wins and $64,948) and LINCOLNS SUPERSTAR (1:56.6, 6 wins and $47,760).
- Her dam CLARE DE LUNE is an unraced BEACH TOWEL 1/2-sister to 6 winners incl. fast US winners, POT BLACK (1:50.6, 28 wins and $353,647) and CANDY STYX (1:51.2, 23 wins and $200,902).
- Grand-dam ARMBRO MOONLIGHT was a lightly-raced CAM FELLA 1/2-sister to USA winners ARMBRO RADIANCE (1:58.4h, 26 wins and $62,004), CALIBERS STORM (1;59.4) and SHIMMY 'N SCOOT (1:58.2, 7 wins).
- LINCOLNS KEEPSAKE is in foal to young Bettor’s Delight stallion BETTING LINE (p3, 1:47.2f).
MARAVU EXCUSE (6m Rob Roy Mattgregor - Nice Bromac) (Price: $2,000 Plus GST)
- Sire ROB BOY MATTREGOR (1:49.6), by MATT’S SCOOTER, won 43 races & $591,414 in North America. From limited opportunities before an early death in Australia, he left 18 NZ winners for $194,069 & only 26 foals in Australia, for 15 winners of $288,342.
- MARAVU EXCUSE qualified in a 2:06.7 rate (2400m) but was retired after one unplaced start.
- MARAVU EXCUSE is a 1/2-sister to 7 winners, 3 in under 1:54, including BROMAC MARAVU (1:50.4, USA), 12 wins & $128,509; NIKITA BROMAC (1:53.6, Aust, 6 wins & $52,030 incl. the Listed 2012 Menangle Country Final); BOBBY MARAVU (1:58 Aust, 8 wins & $33,669), & NAUGHTY MARAVU (1:51.8, USA, 17 wins & $187,641).
- Her second dam NO EXCUSE (p3, 1:57) is the grand-dam of former Queensland Derby winner D B BOPPER (p, 1:50 US, 34 wins & $509,862) and big NZ & USA winner, SECOND WIND (1:49.8, US, 32 wins & $646,683; & the family of millionaire earner & dual NZ Cup winner, JUST AN EXCUSE (1:55.6, 17 wins from 39 starts).
- This is also the family of fillies/mares, millionaire earner SELL A BIT (1:51.4, US, 31 wins), SMOOTH EXCUSE (NZ 2YO Filly of the Year) and SMOOTH PERFORMER (p3, 1:58.9, 8 wins & 184,335, NZ 3YO Filly of the Year), the latter the dam of an Australian Derby winner, FRANCO SEQUEL (1:51, US, 21 wins & $317,560).
MOULIN BROMAC (6m Bettor’s Delight-Missy Matao) (Price reduced to: $8,000 Plus GST)
- MOULIN BROMAC (2 wins from 16 starts) is a 2-win BETTOR’S DELIGHT 1/2-sister to top mare CARPENTERS DAUGHTER (1:56.1, 13 wins and $307,872), the latter a winner of the 2013 Aust. Breeders Crown 4YO Mares Final.
- Dam MISSY MATAO (1:55.6, US, 15 wins), beside leaving Carpenters Daughter, is also the dam of fast USA winner MANHATTAN RUSTY (1:50.6, 9 NZ wins) and OUR STRAWBERRY MISS (1:58.9, 7 wins).
- Third dam MISS BURNSIDE was an unraced VANCE HANOVER sister to 1988 Northern Oaks winner MISS ARDMORE (p3, 2:00.7, five wins) and at stud herself the dam of 11 winners, 6 in 2:00, incl. OPTIMIST (1:51.4, US, $338,537).
- MISS BURNSIDE was a 1/2-sister to MISS CLEVEDON (13 wins), 1994 NZ Broodmare of the Year and most notably dam of 1993 Auckland Inter Dominion Pacing Grand Final winner MARK HANOVER (1:53.4, US, 37 wins and $907,785).
- Also the family of 1993 NZ Derby winner MARK ROY (1:55.2 US, $314,356) and top Aust. winners, SAME OLD MACRAY (p2, 1:56.2, $302,251), DEE EN AY MACRAY (1:57.5, $254,140) and BOMBER MACRAY (1:53.2, $224,500).
- MOULIN BROMAC has a filly foal by HE'S WATCHING.
PASCALE BROMAC (18m Holmes Hanover-Desiblue) (Price: $2,000 Plus GST)
- PASCALE BROMAC (1:57.1, 6 wins & $96,193) was a former NZ 2YO filly record-holder, winner G2 Nevele R Stakes, heat NZ Sires Stakes 2YO Fillies, 2nd G1 GN Oaks, 3rd NZ 2YO Sires Stakes Fillies Championship, 3rd G2 NZ Welcomes Stakes, G2 Queen Of Hearts.
- Dam of PEPE BROMAC (1:54.3, 11 wins from 46 starts for $101,933) & minor NZ winner, PROUD BROMAC.
- Also the dam of qualifiers, WHOZYA MUMMA, PENZANCE BROMAC & PARFAIT BROMAC, the latter retired to stud after only two starts & dam of smart Victorian winner POW WOW BROMAC (1:55.9, 7 wins & $42,811).
- PASCALE BROMAC’S dam DESIBLUE is an unraced half-sister to ZEDECHIAS (8 NZ wins, 1:54.2, US) and from the same family as former top 1990s 4YO Pacer of the Year ABDIAS (1:55, 30 wins, former NZ mile record holder).
- This is the family of NZ 2200m record holder DALTON BROMAC (1:52, Can, 12 wins & $132,803), & former champion mare and 1981 NZ Harness Horse of the Year, DELIGHTFUL LADY (1:58.7, 47 wins & $476,250).
SLINKY BROMAC (13m Live Or Die-Shy Melvin) (Price: $2,000 Plus GST)
- SLINKY BROMAC won 2 of 13 starts, taking a 1:56.9, mile rate mark over 1700m.
- She's the dam of 5 foals, 3 qualifiers, one winner SKETCHING (1:55.2, mile rate., 1710m, Aust), 2 wins & $15,781, by Art Official.
- Her dam SHY MELVIN left 3 winners, incl. MASK (1:56.4, 13 Aust wins & $28,712), SHALOM BROMAC (1:58.6 NZ, 4 wins &$28,382) and SLINKY BROMAC.
- Third dam MISS AMERICA left 4 winners incl. ARMBRO PLAY, the 5-win dam of top trotter BELLAM (14 wins & $110,410), while a half-sister to MISS AMERICA left 8 winners incl. ANVILANUNOIT (1:50.4, US, 40 wins & $417,299) & HOPPY'S FLING (1:54.4, US, 59 wins & $169,445).
- Other half-sister to MISS AMERICA left FLASH ATOM (1:55, US, 28 wins & $294,846), the 1996 NZ 4YO Pacing Mare of the Year.
- MISS AMERICA was also the grand-dam of top NZ & Aust. pacer BRABHAM (1:54.8 pl, 1:56.8, 20 wins & $720,267).
- Fourth dam RULING CASTE left 9 winners incl. NZ Oaks winner RULING LOBELL (10 wins).
- This is also the family of 2014 NZ Derby winner LOCHARBURN 1:55.4 m.r, 2600m, 14 wins from 33 starts & $399,590) & former champion NZ filly & NZ Horse of the Year, ELECT TO LIVE (p3, 1:55.5, 19 wins from 35 starts & $577,992), the latter dam of 2009 NZ 2YO filly of the Year GOTTA GO HARMONY (p2, 1:55.5) & GOTTA GO CULLECT (1:57).
TRISH BROMAC (3f Artistic Fella-Tanabi) (Price: $7,500 Plus GST)
- Retired after one unplaced 2YO start.
- Sire Artistic Fella (p,2,1:53.3; 3,1:48.4; 1:48, $US2,604,855), was a top racehorse son of Pacific Fella (by Cam Fella). At stud, he’s left the winners of over $3.6 million in Aust.
- TRISH BROMAC is a half-sister to 2008 Victorian Derby winner TANABI BROMAC (1:55.8, 24 wins & $465,928).
- She's also a half-sister to other winners, TIANA BROMAC (1:58.4, 10 wins & $49,806), LORD AVIATOR (1:58.6, 12 wins & $67,367), TASMANIAN BROMAC (1:57.3, 7 wins & $55,406) & TABATHA BROMAC (p3, 1:57.3, 6 wins & $29,830).
- Dam TANABI is a half-sister to TABATINGA, the Armbro Operative dam of SINGASONASIXPENCE (1:56.4, 14 wins & $A110,655) and MAZARAHTI (1:58.3, 12 wins & $A54,136).
- Another half-sister to TANABI in CINDY SHIRAZ, has left five individual winners including ROYAL SHIRAZ (1:58.7, nine wins).
- TANABI'S grand-dam was 4-win NZ mare BLACK DEBATE (Lordship-Debatable), a sister to LORDABLE (1:57.8, 10 NZ wins, 2 USA wins).BLACK DEBATE left six winners, including SATAN'S DISPUTE (37 Aust. & US wins, $234,619), MABO (1:57.5, 17 Aust. wins) and Tasmanian Oaks winner INDIGENOUS (1:59.1, 14 wins & $112,245), the latter the dam of Gr.1 Vict. Queen Of The Pacific Mares Pace winner, LIFE INTHEFASTLANE (p3, 1:54.7, 18 wins & $264,704.
- LIFE INTHEFASTLANE has also bred on, leaving EBONYALLSTARZZZ (1:57.8, 9 wins & $65,147) & SOLID AS A ROCK (p3, 1:56.6, 11 wins & $75,475).
LIFE OF LUXURY
CAN CAN BROMAC
TE AMO BROMAC
CHA CHA BROMAC